quinta-feira, 11 de abril de 2013

Phrasal verbs

Meyerland & CO.
Curso conversacional avançado
de Inglês

Phrasal verbs

Every moment in your life you use phrasal verbs. Every time you use the verb to clean for example, and you've always to say the way, and how.

Examples:

Turn on =
Turn off =
Turn down =
Throw away =
Fall down =
Find out =
Look for =
Look after =
Get up =
Put off =
Give up =
Hang up =
Make up (verb) =
Find out =
Try on =
Turn on =
Turn in =

Sentences:

Turn on the tv, please gentleman.
I'm going to turn the music off, wait just a moment.
Turn the volume down! I can't keep studying with this loud music.
I was picking all the junk and throwing away a few minutes ago.
I saw the man falling down in the pond.
I found it out while I was throwing things away.
I said to the employee that I was looking for a pair of purple jeans.
I was looking after the kids, it's not my fault.
I usually get up at 5 AM.
I'm afraid I cannot go there I guess it's better to put off this.
Don't give up! You're almost there!
I've to hang up this phone call, I'm sorry.
I love to make up things! It's so fun!
I tried on all the clothes of the store! But neither the most beautiful was ok in my body.
I usually turn in around 7 PM.

Homework :
Translate all the phrasal verbs I gave you.
Give me one example for each phrasal verb I gave.
Give me synonyms in English.




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário